Balloons Over Bagan
BALLOONS OVER BAGAN
ABOUT BALLOONS OVER BAGAN
Balloons Over Bagan, floating over thousand year old pagodas and the mighty Ayeyarwaddy River, as the sun sinks slowly behind distant mountains. The magic of Bagan has inspired visitor to Myanmar for centuries. One of the most remarkable sight in Asia, ancient temples dot the landscape as far as the eye can see. Commercial passenger ballooning has the best safety record for all forms of air transport. “Balloon Over Bagan’s” pilot and technicians are qualified and register in the UK. Our balloons, which are built to the highest standard of the Bristish aerospace industry, are provided by Cameron Balloon Limited, the world’s largest manufacturer of high quality balloons.
ABOUT BALLOONS OVER INLE LAKE
RATES & INCLUSIVE SERVICES ( VALIDITY – 01.10.2017- 31.03.2018 )
< Remark >
- BOB have Standard & Premium Service for Bagan while only Standard Service is available for Inle Lake
- BOB flys with 12 or 16 person balloons for Standar Service in Bagan
- BOB flys with 8 person balloons for Premium Service in Bagan
- BOB flys with 6 or 8 person ballons for Standard Service Inle Lake
- All the rates will be increased 20 usd per ticket within the period of X'Mas & New Year (18Dec, 2017 - 10Jan,2018)
- No fee for cancellation before 30days.
- 30% for cancellation within 30-21days
- 100% for cancellation less than 21days
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF FLIGHT
Balloons Over Bagan – Conditions of Flight
1. Passengers or their accompanying guide must register at our Sales office in Bagan. Our Sales office is open
from 0800 AM to 1100 AM & again from 0500 PM to 0800 PM. The contact phone number is 061 60347 and 09 448045716.
2. Passengers are advised to wear long trousers and long sleeved clothing from 100% natural fibres.
3. Receipt of payment vouchers / flight tickets must be produced at launch site.
4. No refunds will be given for failure to arrive for a pre-arranged flight.
5. Any known medical condition which may affect your ability to fly or assist the crew must be disclosed to
Balloons over Bagan at the time of booking and to the pilot on the day of the flight, i.e. epilepsy, recent
surgery etc. Some conditions may preclude you from eligibility to fly. Pregnant women will not be
permitted to fly. Balloons over Bagan will not accept liability for illness or injury due to any undisclosed
condition or failure to comply with any reasonable instruction given by the pilot or crew or company
6. The pilot in command is legally obliged to consider the safety of his passengers at all times and may refuse
to carry passengers for whatever reason if it is considered their carriage may endanger the flight, other
passengers or themselves. Balloons over Bagan reserves the right to refuse the carriage of any passenger.
7. Any Passenger in excess of 125 kg / 280 pounds, or any passenger who requires the space in the
basket for 2 passengers, will be required to book an additional space at the time of booking and pay a
100% surcharge of the ticket price. Failure to provide accurate information in advance could lead to
the refusal of flight at the launch site, whereby no refund will be offered.
8. All passengers must carefully listen to the security briefing (see below) given by the pilot before the launch
of the balloon and indicate in case he / she doesn’t understand the security briefing.
9. The pilot of the day has absolute authority and all passengers and crew must comply with his instructions.
The pilot’s decision on all matters is final.
10. Balloons over Bagan expects passengers to assist the pilot and crew in any situation that is deemed
reasonable, during pre- and post-flight activities.
11. Balloons over Bagan reserves the right to cancel or delay flights, change rendezvous and launch sites, at
short notice, to achieve a safe and successful flight. Balloons over Bagan will not accept liability for any
consequential loss or inconvenience.
12. Balloons over Bagan carries third party and passenger liability for each balloon of USD 10 millions.
13. Balloons over Bagan accepts no liability for claims arising as a result of an act or default of any other
passenger or bystander.
14. Balloons over Bagan accepts no liability for loss or damage to persons or property other than that which
results from negligence on its own part.
15. Balloons over Bagan does not accept liability for loss or damage to personal effects.
16. Flights cancelled by Balloons over Bagan for safety reasons or as a result of unfavourable weather or
operational difficulties will be refunded in full. All direct payments to Balloons over Bagan will be
refunded in cash either in Bagan or in Yangon. For all bookings made through tour agents, passengers must
contact the respective agent to organise their refunds.
17. Balloons over Bagan reserves the right to alter, revise or review any terms, conditions or rates, at its
18. Balloons over Bagan will not fly children under the age of 8 years. A child under the age of 16 years
will only be flown if accompanied by a responsible adult, and the child is over 4’6” tall (or 137 cm).
IMPORTANT SECURITY BRIEFING (as given by the pilot before take-off)
• NO SMOKING IN AND AROUND THE BALLOON at all times.
• If you are feeling unwell, if you have any medical conditions or you might be pregnant please inform the Pilot
before the balloon is inflated.
• During inflation do not walk between the trucks and the balloon. Stay behind the red barrier cord until asked to
"Climb Aboard” by the Ground Crew.
• To climb in - use the step-holes in the side of the basket.
• Once you are in the basket do not get out, even after landing - stay in the basket until the Pilot tells you it is
safe to get out.
• Do not touch any coloured ropes, the fuel-hoses or any of the burner controls.
• Before take-off your pilot will ask all passengers to practise the landing position as follows;
− Safely stow all phones, cameras, binoculars etc, do not have anything loose around your neck (if you
have long hair-please tie it up or tuck it away).
− Face backwards to the direction of travel.
− Hold onto the rope handles woven into the basket side-wall in front of you.
− Sit down on the seat.
− LEAN BACK against the basket padding, sit upright and do not lean forward.
− Place your feet flat on the floor with your toes away from the basket wall.
− Stay in this position until the Pilot tells you it is safe to move.
− When the Pilot gives the command "LANDING POSITIONS" please comply IMMEDIATELY - this is
very important for the SAFETY of all of the PASSENGERS.
• The landing might be a series of bounces and the basket might lay on it’s side and drag along the
ground until it stops. Stay in the LANDING POSITION until the Pilot tells you it is safe to move.
• In the unlikely event of an emergency - please follow the instructions given by the Pilot at all
• If you do not understand any part of these instructions, please inform the Pilot before the balloon
Thank you for reading these instructions and I hope you enjoy your flight with us.
FAQ@ Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long is the flight?
Our flights normally last 45 minutes to one hour, or longer depending on the wind. The whole experience including hotel pick ups and lights champagne breakfast lats between 2 ½ to 3 hours. Ballooning is also about watching the set up of the balloons, and being rescued at the end too, not just the flight itself. Not knowing where you are going to land is always exciting and part of the adventure!
2. What do we see?
The exciting thing about ballooning is that you just don’t know. You will see Bagan waking up in the morning. You will see many temples in the distance and get a spectacular aerial view of Bagan. Sometimes you may fly over villages and see people on their early morning rounds, feeding their animals; or going to market. It is an amazing and interactive experience.
3. Can we go to …..by balloon?
The balloon can only go where the wind takes it. So we unfortunately cannot pre-plan where it will land.
4. Is it safe?
• Commercial passenger ballooning is the safest form of all air transport.
• In Bagan we are always very careful. We only fly when there are light surface winds less than 8 knots.
• Our pilots and technicians are European Nationals qualified and registered in the UK.
• Our balloons are built to the highest standards of the British aerospace industry by Cameron Balloons Ltd, the world’s largest
manufacturer of hot air balloons.
• All our crew are trained to the highest international standards and have all been trained in first aid by UK Public Transport Inspectors.
5. I’m scared of heights.
Ballooning does not usually affect those people who are scared of heights. Because the balloon travels with the wind, the basket is very stable and does not sway or rock during flight. There is no sense of vertigo or motion.
6. Do we see this pagoda?
You will see lots of pagodas! Exactly which pagoda you will see depends on the wind direction.
7. How many people can fit in one balloon?
We currently have five balloons in service and we will offer 6 balloons in 2011- 2012 season. Two balloons have for 8 passengers in four separate compartments plus a pilot. Two balloons have room for 12 passengers in four separate compartments. One balloon has room for 16 passengers in four separate compartment. Our newest balloon can accommodate 16 passengers also in four compartments.
8. What do we get for the price?
A memory that we hope will last forever; transport to and from your hotel to launch and landing site, flight, rescue, celebratory glass of champagne and light breakfast.
9. Where do we take off?
The take off site changes with the wind and is decided by the pilot in command on the day of the flight.
10. Where do we land?
Where the wind takes you! This could be next to a Pagoda, a field by a village, on a sandbank or even across the river, which will involve a rescue by boat.
11. What time will we be picked up?
For the morning flight, passengers are usually picked up at their hotels by our Balloons over Bagan bus between 05h30 and 06h00 in the morning depending on the location of your hotel and the hotels of other passengers.
12. What time do we get back to the hotel?
In the morning flight, passengers are usually back at their hotels by 08:30am.
13. Can we fly at sunset?
We can sometimes put on evening flights on a standby basis only. Unfortunately because of the tropical location in Bagan, evening weather conditions tend to be less favorable and less reliable than in our scheduled morning flights. We believe therefore that a morning flight affords a more enjoyable and superior experience. Bagan is normally at its most beautiful early in the morning, and temperatures are pleasant and cool.
14. Can our children fly?
For safety reasons there are age and height restrictions. We set a minimum age of 8 years old, but as a general rule, all passengers must be able to see over the basket.
15. How can we pay for a pre-booking?
For pre-booking, full payment must be made at our head office or by bank transfer before your arrival in Myanmar.
• Payment at our head office in Yangon - payment can be settled at our office upon your arrival to Yangon during office hours. Our office at No.O2, Room (002), Thumingalar Housing, Thumingalar Street, Thingungyun Township, Yangon, Myanmar. Our office is open from 09:00 Am to 05:00 Pm from Monday to Friday and is open until 12:00 Am on Saturday. We are closed on Sunday.
16.Can I get my money back if the balloon flight is cancelled?
Yes of course! Balloons over Bagan only operates when the chief pilot decides that the weather is suitable and it is safe to fly. Therefore it might be possible that we have to cancel the balloon flight at the launch site for safety reasons. In that case we will refund 100% of your payment. We can make arrangements for your refund on you return to Yangon.
17. Why do I have to give my weight?
It is important that we receive the correct weight of each passenger as soon as possible. The chief pilot need this figure to calculate the total ballast of the basket, so that he can determine the total amount of lift available on that day.
18. What is the premium service?
Our new premium service offers a more personalized and spacious experience for a maximum of just of 8 passengers per day. In addition to this, clients will receive a free CD including an in-flight photo of their flight, as well as a short promotional video of the Balloons over Bagan experience.
YANGON OFFICE (BALLOONS OVER BAGAN)
Address : Swiss Business Office Center Building No. (36-38) A, First floor, Room (203), Grand Myay Nu Condo, Myay Nu Street, Sanchaung Township, Yangon.
Tel/Fax : (+95) 09 42431 3403, 09 42431 3404
Opening Hours : 0900 AM to 0530 PM (Monday to Friday), 0900 AM to 0100 PM (Saturday)
Website : www.balloonsoverbagan.com
BAGAN OFFICE (BALLOONS OVER BAGAN)
Address : Near Hotel Zfreeti, Thiripyitsaya Block No. (5), Nyaung U (Bagan), Myanmar
Tel : (+95) 061 60713, 09 4480 45716
Opening Hours : 0900 AM to 0800 PM (Monday to Sunday)
INLE OFFICE (BALLOONS OVER BAGAN)
Address : No. (65), Strand Road,
Nyaung Shwe, Inle
Tel : (+95) 081 209663, 09 25 737 6600
Opening Hours : 0800 AM to 1100 AM & 0200 PM to 0600 PM (Monday to Sunday)
Contact InfoAddress : No.199 (2 nd floor), Botahtaung Pagoda Road (Middle Block), Pazuntaung Township, Yangon, Myanmar
Tel : +95-9-264 254 488, +95-9-7888 21929, +95–1-295603
Fax : +95-1-295603
Email : email@example.com
Website : www.ytt-international.com